10/04/2013

The Finer Things in Life.


Tea, bed and blog! I simply adore the finer things in life, but nothing gets a smile on my face quicker than a huge endorsement from the simple things too. After a week away from work, I am rejuvenated and refreshed and my creative absorption levels are at an all time high. This has encouraged me to get back to my first love of designing and sewing. My bedroom/studio is piled high with tons and tons of fabric bags and swatches as well as my clothes and darling shoesies, and whilst in the process of my spring clean which is due to end this month, I have finally embarked on deciding to design and sew my first collection. YAY!

It drives me mad with frustration when I realise I’ve spent half my wages on clothes, knowing that I have the desired skill and understanding to make the stuff myself. Not forgetting to mention that I have a mannequin, sewing machine AND an OVERLOCKER gathering dust in my studio. It really is time to face up to my fears and get designing. It will only mean that I’ll have more money to spend on shoes, bags and jewels…unless I learn to make them too-then I’d only have to pay for food and travel! Ah BLISS!!! Not to use my creative goal as an excuse, but if my posts seem sparse or in fact rare, don’t be mad I’m only working on putting myself out there in this big world of ours. I will do my absolute hardest to keep you updated,for those of you on twitter; keep up with my design movements by tweeting #creativegoals , and I will also be posting my inspirational findings via pintrest. 
Varsity bomber jacket/cream zip jumper/varsity tee/denim gilet/leather gilet/printed scarf all Topshop,
 jewellery-Primark, Purse-TKMAXX, MAC, Seventeen, Black Up Cosmetics, Clutch-H&M

So with that massive announcement out on the world-wide-web, I can only go forward (even though I can easily delete this posting, I’d have deleted it knowing that you out there would have read it, and be anxiously awaiting to see what I have produced-and I’m not a cruel person). Yes so with that announced, here are my purchases in the last ninety days or so featuring clothes, make-up, shoes and accessories etc. Over the next few weeks my ‘purchase posts’ will change as I will be swapping the clothes buying for fabric shopping instead.  Whilst photographing for this post, I looked around at the items and noticed I hadn’t bought a single pair of shoes. In true ‘shoeaholic style’ it had been conveniently wiped from my memory that indeed I had purchased three pairs of shoes…phew considering as I was looking forward to spoiling myself in the asos sale for such resilience hehe 

I picked up a lot of things I wouldn’t normally consider to wear, like a WHITE varsity t-shirt (white and my hips aren’t friends), but I’ve fallen in love with it-definitely getting it in the black! (Topshop Varsity T-shirt £20)
Emerald green according to Pantone (only like the worlds leading colour experts, if you didn’t know!) is the colour for 2013 ‘lively. Radiant. Lush, a colour ofelegance and beauty that enhances our sense of well-being, balance and harmony. With that being said this choice of a cut-out midi dress in emerald green with leopard print seemed ideal as I do consider myself to be lively, radiant, lush and now with this print….fierce! Meow!!!!
I’ve found injecting colour, texture and print into my wardrobe of late to be quite easy. And stores like asos and topshop have made it even simpler by designing basic pieces but in mouth-watering colours and prints, like this ‘blood orange borderline tomato red’ pencil skirt. Shoe wise I fell in love with these uber comfortable tan wedges similar to the libertine pair and of course lassie. Now I was a bit put off as I thought they were a bit ‘orthopaedic’ and not in a good way, but after ample sessions of trying them on, both with painted nails and with them only being a fiver I just couldn’t resist. I had an impromptu shopping trip and picked up some fab ab jewels from ‘Primarni’ and this gorgeous purse from TKMaxx in a lovely lime green/yellowy colour.




Beauty wise I picked up what was only on my shopping list; MAC concealer and blot powder, gosh velvet touch lipstick in ‘romantic’, and ‘dolled up mascara in black brown’ from Seventeen for only two quid!! A treat from boots for being an advantage points customer. I’ve had my eye on the MAC ‘colour corrector palette’ for a while as seen on my wishlist. But whilst in Debenhams I came across the ‘Black Up Cosmetics’ stand, and I remember watching Chanel Boateng talking about them, so I picked up the colour corrector from them instead-but I have a ‘beauty box review’ post coming up so will spill the beans all in that.

So I look forward to hearing more from you all my lovely readers and I warn you now…watch this creative space!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marlyse, thank you for your lovely comments I am now also a follower of your blog too!

    X

    ReplyDelete