12/06/2015

Creativity vs Logic.

A friend today asked me ' If I was still blogging?'.  So I awkwardly sent him the 'monkey covering face emoji' as it was a conversation shared through the synonymous 'WhatsApp' (takes a while to correctly spell synonymous-damn spell-check).
But honestly and truthfully, I have been un-inspired, depressed, stressed, TIRED and on an all time low for creative juices, and it's been like that for quite some months now, but it wasn't until a few days ago that I decided to still 'creatively do' even when I don't feel like it or think I have anything to give. 
Creativity can be cruel sometimes and so can logic, you just have to balance everything but theres nothing like that moment when you stumble upon sheer brilliance or have your 'eureka moment'. 

I sit here with many things to do, and responsibilities to fulfil but it's a humid rainy Friday evening and I have had my or found someone elses 'eureka moment' and let's just say its like a creative orgasm. 
Many things inspire me, and I don't believe that inspiration can truly come from one source.

Radzimir Dębski and the Polish National Radio Symphony Orchestra are today's soundtrack to unleashing the creative world within me. I love this video. I love how they have taken such classic hip-hop, mixed the genres and instruments but still managed to maintain the 'swagger,' 'vibe', and sheer 'dope' attitude that is within hip-hop music. Peep how Dębski is bouncing with every track in his 'blue suede trainers' ,classically the melancholy in Kanye's 'Flashing Light's' does something that makes it uber romantic to waltz to.  I don't have much else to say other than, enjoy! 
I thank my two friends today for this post; the one who wisely called me out on 'WhatsApp' and the other one who shared this video on my Facebook timeline. 

No comments:

Post a Comment